So yesterday was Calvin, a kid on another team here in Harbin's birthday. After fellowship we had a birthday party for him (he turned 8). It was fairy tale themed so we all "dressed up" as fairy tale characters, ate Chinese food and played games including fairy tale charades and telling fairy tales from memory with a flannel board. Pretty interesting to hear people's renditions of the old stories we have all forgotten.
That night we celebrated my teammate, Millie's birthday by going to this Middle Eastern restaurant near our school. It is a little pricy but so good. We had all kinds of great food and enjoyed the great atmosphere of the restaurant.
This week is going to be an interesting one. Thursday is May holiday and so we have no class on Thursday or Friday, which is nice. I thought about taking a trip but decided to save money and work. So, tomorrow and wednesday I'll be giving midterms and then the last part of the week I am really going to try to get all my grading done and the tests for my thesis picked out to give in China and the US. I am studying the potential connection between creativity and computational math performance in the US and China so I'll be giving a creativity and math test in both China and the US so I have to get the tests picked out soon, translated and given.
Not much else exciting going on. 60 days until I fly back to America for the summer. That is pretty exciting. I'll be back on June 27, in grad classes in TN June 29, graduating from grad school on July 26, and then flying back to China again on August 15 so it will be a short trip but I am definitely looking forward to seeing many friends but also wanting to enjoy the rest of my time here this semester!
2 comments:
Well at least if your email and flicker and going to be down that your blog works. I am glad it works. I like reading about your life. Love you friend
Megs,
Didn't know your blog was up and running again- yea! I love you friend!!
Post a Comment