November 16, 2008

Football 2

This weekend has been a great weekend, busy but great. Once a month us without kids take turns babysitting for one of the families here at language school. Friday night I babysat our directors' kids, 2 boys and a little girl. They were real cute; they were so tired so we just ate our McDonalds and watched Peter Pan. I never realized how funny Peter Pan was. A great highlight of that night was when talking about Thanksgiving and asking where the Pilgrims came from the response was Mexico and then Egypt as a second try. So funny.

our somewhat "hardcore" faces

Every Saturday we get together in small groups and study and sing together. This week was our group's turn to take care of kids (that's right-kid control twice in one weekend). It was fun though-I had the older kids so we read the story of Menno Simons (founder of Mennonites) and then acted it out for the adults. Then I met up with our small group at the "rabbit restaurant" for lunch (there is a rabbit at the restaurant so it is fondly called that). That afternoon was our second football game of the year-we had a great time and played for over two hours. The only down side was it had been rain/snowing all morning so the field was pretty muddy-it would stick to our shoes like 2 inches thick-made running a little hard! That night we played the game Acquire and I won so that was exciting!


playing with Buddy the Badger

Today we had a lady's brunch which was great to get together with other women in the city and eat delicious food, sing and study together. I then worked on homework (practicing writing characters) and did laundry this afternoon. And the weekend is over and back to classes!

1 comment:

Susan said...

yeah buddy! and yeah football. hope you are great!