So Obama has won. I know there are many mixed feelings about this. As I was telling my tutor today though, the most important thing now is for Americans to start lifting up the future leader of our country to our Father who sets up leaders for his perfect plan. It was pretty nice this year for following the results, just wake up and go to class and after class the results were in. No time to sit around waiting wondering who the winner would be. Although Obama won the US vote, us with my organization took a vote at language school and McCain beat Obama 17-3 with a vote for Ron Paul, a vote for Nick Geinhardt and 2 votes for Big Bird. I'm sure Big Bird would be proud he was only one vote off from Obama...
The other day I was in the supermarket by my house and was thinking I could go for some ground beef to maybe make some chilli. I go to the meat section (which I will admit I am still a big afraid of since there is so many strange meats laying around and all the parts of animals there). I find the "niu rou," cow meat and find some of what I think is ground beef. Except then I remember, oh yeah, I can read a lot of characters now, I'll read the characters for fun. Then I see the character for brain, at least I am pretty sure that is what it was. I immediately put that package of sticky meat down and decide to go for chicken breasts instead. Then I get to thinking...before I could read characters I wonder what I ate... Today in class we learned how to say you are a vegetarian or you only eat vegetables "wo chi su." I start to think maybe that might be a safter route for me...
November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment