April 26, 2009

Easter

I have always given up something for lent every year since high school. I am not Catholic, I just think it is such a valuable practice. It is amazing how much more it helps me focus on the coming of Easter and the importance of it. It helps remind me about the meaning of Easter. This year with lent I gave up watching tv and movies by myself. It was definitely one of the hardest things I have given up. Because I tend to watch a lot of tv to relax after classes or a busy week, I was constantly reminded of the coming of Easter this year. Also, I worked on learning how to tell the story of Easter in Chinese which also makes the story so much more meaningful. This Easter was definitely one in which I was much more mindful of the reason for celebrating the holiday. For that I was thankful.


On Easter night, I had two of my previous tutors and close friends over to celebrate the holiday. We had dinner together and then dyed eggs. It was their first time to dye eggs and we had so much fun! Their eggs were so beautiful (mine not so much-definitely don't have the artistic touch). So great to hang out with these friends and talk about the holiday.



That weekend for our small group meeting on Saturday my group had childcare (every week a different group takes turns taking care of the children). I got "Pandas" aka the small kids. They were so cute so I just had to take some pictures of them. After childcare my group went to our favorite Indian restaurant to eat lunch together. A great Easter weekend!

Noah-"Got Milk?" (At Indian dinner)




No comments: