April 2, 2009

Healthy again

Last Monday I started feeling sick with sore throat and achy. I canceled tutor time on Monday afternoon and took the day off on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday I went to class and tutor time but still was feeling bad. Thursday after studying at a friend's house on the way home I decided to stop at the pharmacy. In China, you can just go to the pharmacy and tell them your symptoms and they will give you the right medicine-no need to go to the doctor's office. If serious enough, you go the hospital (and almost always get an IV-that is the solution to most problems). I explained my symptoms, paid my $1.75 and headed home with my new medicine. My medicine actually had English instructions and I was pretty impressed with the translation. Here are a few quotes from it-not bad for an English translation in China!

-It is forbidden to take it when the property of the product changes (not just recommended, forbidden!)
-It is forbidden for persons who are allergic to the drug. Allergic persons should take it carefully. (how do you define an allergic person?)
-This product is non-recipe medication for cold (I like to make non recipe things too)
-This product is hard capsule, the contents are little yellow pills. it is odorless and slightly bitter in taste" (and is among the deadliest poisons known to man? )


I think the combination of rest, thoughts, and the medicine together did finally get rid of the sickness by Sunday night. I am still recovering somewhat this week but doing much better. I realize I definitely take my health for granted here and am thankful I am not often sick!

In other news-Obama is meeting with China's leader, Hu Jintao about the economy problem. This is the first time for Obama to meet with Hu Jintao and so is very important for the future of China and the US's relationship. Please be remembering this time of meeting and their talks about the economy.

1 comment:

wynd said...

awesome. non-recipes are my favorite kind of recipes!! i'm glad you're well again, friend!