February 27, 2010

Making Timelines

The Cool Place has now got back into swing this semester. For those of you who don't know, I have been leading a youth group of international students (non-Chinese) for almost a year now here in my city. Friday night was our first real meeting this semester. We got a bit of a late start but hopefully next week will be getting back into the normal time! This next month we are going to be studying some main characters from the OT.

Eden and Benny with all the slips from OT people matching game

To kick it off, we played a game of matching names from the OT with who they are. It might have been a little too hard but I was so impressed with how good everyone did! We then sang some songs and then talked about the devos I did for them. We ended the night working on our timelines of Gen. and Ex. We didn't quite finish them but got a good start!

working hard

...even in German. We are very cultured.

Take a picture with me Eden! Now, try drawing horses and chariots...


2 comments:

wynd said...

I love your fancy culture. And your extremely difficult activities. :)

Susan said...

You are so creative! Isn't it cool how the father sometimes gives us opportunities that we weren't even expecting and then really uses us! Good to talk to you tonight!