August 28, 2008

Orientation

All this week has been orientation for language school. It has been a pretty full week but good. We have been learning about what classes we will be taking, about the language program, about language learning, getting to know each other and eating lunch together. It has been really great to be getting to know the other students with my company doing the language program. I think I am really going to enjoy having a larger community to be surrounded by this year. We have been eating together, playing cards and watching TV together the last few nights as we are trying to take advantage of classes not starting yet. We know that when classes start we will be real tired from all the work needed and won't have the energy to hang out as much during the week.

We start classes next Monday. I am SO excited to be starting soon. I know it will be hard and tiring at times but I am so excited about being able to communicate better! We will have classes in the mornings (listening, reading, speaking and some character writing). In the afternoons we will have tutors one-on-one for two hours Monday through Friday. This will be a great time to really improve my Chinese and build great friendships I hope. The tutors change every month too so I will have the chance to get to know many different tutors. I'm excited!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Megs- sounds like you are getting settled in! I hope you are well and I miss you! (is your new address in the email you sent about your arrival? because I want to send you a letter!) Have a good weekend!