March 23, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Spud Party


There was definitely not a potato famine at my St. Patrick's day party! I decided with us being so busy studying the last few weeks we needed to have a night to have fun and relax a little so I decided to have a St. Patrick's day party. We had an awesome potato bar (complete with green sour cream and beer chili), green snickerdoodles, and beer bread (yes all the alcohol cooks out of these!) It was a great night. Everyone wore green (Amy won best costume and got a prize!). We ate until we were so full. I also prepared a (I think fun) St Patrick's trivia game that required everyone to guess interesting facts about St. Patrick's day and the meanings of some Irish slang words! (FYI-Peeler means police!) We ended the night with a crazy game of Catch Phrase (no Chinese allowed)! (FYI-"Irish goths wear these..." answer: leather skirts) Below are a few pictures as well as on my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/chinamegan). Check them out!

waiting for potatoes!

Amy and me

my tutor and me making snickerdoodles and dying water green!

making their potatoes!

No comments: